Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

MARVEL SHOCKER: GAMBIT CANCELLED



Bravo to the Gambit series, which lasted about 10 issues more than we expected.

Source: Twitter

Writer James Asmus confirmed that Gambit will be ending in September, with issue #17. The news was sort of revealed in this month's solicitations, when Gambit #16 was described as the penultimate issue.

Considering that Gambit hasn't been able to carry his own series ever, the fact the book lasted 17 issues is a bit of an accomplishment. From what I've heard, Asmus wrote a nifty little series, one that could go down as a bit of a cult classic in years to come.

5 comments:

Ludi Price said...

BOO! HISS!

Anonymous said...

So heartbroken! I loved this book. I hope something new comes out of the X-Men anniversary or new Marvel Now launch books for Gambit - because if he stays on in Astonishing and that is it...that book is not cutting it for me. (Other than the kittens of course.)

William Kendall said...

What????

What???????

Razem frazem....

soulkiller said...

WHAT???

Ugh. Typical. I'm losing my love for Marvel.

Ludi Price said...

You're only just losing it??

Asmus' Gambit was the only thing bringing back the warmth of love to my stone cold heart, and now they've broken it again! *shake fist*

;)